General Officers and Appointed Leadersof the Order of Saint Luke
We invite you to be in direct contact with the officer or director who is able to address your concern or questions.
Sr. Elizabeth has served the Order of Saint Luke for the past eight years as Prior-General, and for the past seven years as the Interim Director of Publications. She served as the editor of The Font for ten years. She joined the Order in 1999 as part of the Greater New Jersey Chapter. Sr. Elizabeth is a retired Elder in the Greater New Jersey Annual Conference. She lives in Ashland City, Tennessee with her husband, Bob. They participate in the life of Edgehill United Methodist Church in Nashville. Prior to her ordination, Sr. Elizabeth worked in systems engineering and strategic planning.
- General questions about the spiritual and temporal life and work of the Order. Also contact me if you seek to initiate discernment toward life-vowed membership.
Prior General: Br. George Crisp
Br. George R. Crisp has been a member of The Order since 1984, and has lived out his relationship with the Order in the California-Pacific Chapter. The Order has been his spiritual touch-stone throughout 32 years in United Methodist ministry. For the past sixteen years he has served The Order as Provincial General, monitoring the chapters and associations to gauge the strength of The Order. He appreciates the confidence placed in him to serve the Order and honored by the nomination
- The annual retreat, Hoyt Hickman awards, and general questions concerning the spiritual and temporal life and work of the Order.
Chancellor General: Sister Jeanette Block, O.S.L.
Sr. Jeanette Block joined The Order in 2006 and lives out The Rule of Life and Service in the New Jersey chapter. She currently serves the Order as Provincial Companion for the State of New Jersey. She writes, “When we gather for council or convocation, it is like coming home to be with my brothers and sisters. It is the place I call my church as I am able to participate and plan worship with my ‘family’.” She believes that her commitment to daily prayer through the Order has formed her spiritual bedrock. She is pastor of the Cape May United Methodist Church.
- All matters related to membership records, finances, financial support, and due diligence
Provincial General: Sister Heather Josselyn-Cranson, O.S.L.
Sr. Heather Josselyn-Cranson joined the Order of Saint Luke through the Boston University Chapter in 1999. Since her graduation in 2005, she has lived out the Rule of Life and Service in northwestern Iowa, teaching music ministry and accompanying at the Church of the Savior in Orange City. She has also participated in the NW Iowa Association, and has served as Provincial Companion in Iowa and Kansas. In September, she began teaching music and religion at Regis College in eastern Massachusetts, where she lives with husband Matt and daughter Seraphina.
Appointed Leaders of the Order
Pastoral Care Director: Br. David Eichelberger
- Prayer concerns, joys, sorrows, and life changes
Chaplain General: Sr. Alice K. Lovelace
- Worship matters related to annual retreat, spring Council, etc.
Companion for Inquirers and New Members: Sr. Carol Gathagan
- Inquiries about membership, formation in the religious life, etc.
Prior for Life Members: Br. David Houdeschel
- All matters related to ongoing life-vowed membership
Cyber Chapter Prior: Br. Taylor Burton Edwards
- Any concerns and questions about participation in this online community
OSL Publications: Sr. Sue Moore (interim director)
- All matters related to our print and digital “for sale” publications
Periodicals Director : Sr. Dianne Tobey Covault
- All general matters related to our periodicals: The Font, Sacramental Life, and Doxology
Necrologist: Sr. Heather Josselyn-Cranson
- If a member dies, Sr. Heather should be notified, along with the Abbot and the Chancellor General
Daily Office Revision
Team leader: Br. Dwight Vogel
- All matters related to the development of 3rd edition of the Daily Office
Doxology Editor: Br. Geoffrey Moore
- Questions and submissions for our juried scholarly journal
Sacramental Life Editor: Br. Daniel Doty
- Questions, suggestions and submissions for our pastoral and formation publication
Font Editor: Sr. Cynthia Astle
- Questions, suggestions and submissions for our digital member publication
Lay Representative to Council: Sr. Barbara Lee
- Questions, suggestions, and concerns relate to lay participation and ministry in OSL
The Order elects four General Officers.
The Abbot appoints other leaders as needed.
c/o Br. Scott Alford, OSL, Chancellor General
Memphis, TN 38119